Manifest Destiny (Volume #2) Comic Book Review

Lewis, Clark and the surviving members of their expedition continue westward across America, only to learn there is nowhere to run on a river.

Lewis and Clark continue their adventures across America with their crew of soldiers and dispensable criminals, encountering species that the real Lewis and Clark would never have encountered, thank goodness. This volume's theme is "make everything gigantic". I was always okay with mosquitoes until I saw one tearing it's way out of a person's back... and don't get me started on the toad.

While the last volume felt quite fast paced, volume two felt a little stuck - probably because the ship was literally stuck in the river. Despite the previous volume having some sort of buffalo/centaurs and zombies chasing them I still found this one scarier because ew, gigantic bugs. Zombie plant people I can deal with. Bugs not so much.

I ship Lewis and Clark and think the writers of this novel might so too. There's a lot more character development this time and this story doesn't shy away from LGBT themes, and we have at least one scene that basically proves that Lewis is hella gay, which I can 100% get behind. Get it? Get behind? Because gay? *sigh*

I'm looking forward to the next volume, the pacing of this series is excellent and the art is beautifully grotesque. I just hope we can keep hold of some of our crew members as at the pace this is going, there is only going to be Lewis and Clark left... although I kind of like that idea!

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love meaningful comments! Spam and advertisers* will be deleted.
*advertisers - people who copypasta a few words and leave a link to their blog