Pull Me: Notable Comics This Week (25/01/2017)

This week I've been battling with different versions of Suicide.Squad. I started with the first volume of the New 52 series but that fell really, really, flat for me. Then I tried the movie which I did really enjoy, even if I was a mess! I'm now reading the new Suicide Squad, Rebirth and I'm really, really enjoying it. Here's everything I'm excited about this week:

Comic Books


Spider-man/Deadpool #1
Spider-Man and Deadpool find themselves face-to-face(-to-face?) with one of the dozens of monsters smashing and stomping their way through the Marvel Universe! Ever the stalwart hero, Spider-Man has to use his powers (and responsibilities) to fearlessly fight the freakish monsters, saving many civilians at great cost to himself! Meanwhile, Deadpool is about as helpful as he usually is.

This is part of the Monster Unleashed thing that Marvel is doing right now and I have no idea what that is (there's a lot to keep up with in the comic world) but a Spider-man/Deadpool team up sounds FANTASTIC.


Suicide Squad #10
A “JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD” epilogue! She’s lost a prisoner, her darkest secrets have been revealed and she’s unwittingly unleashed a major threat upon herself and Task Force X. It’s one very bad day for Amanda Waller as she tries to tie up loose ends and clean up her mess. But some sins can’t be undone in this special epilogue to JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD.

I'm totally digging the new Suicide Squad comics that were released in 2016, but I hate comics like these. The "we're now going to make you feel left out if you don't bother catching up on all the Justice League comics and then this new series too". I tried Justice League, I stopped after 3 issues because it keep constantly directing me to previous random issues by referencing things that had happened. I just want to read the volumes I like, not have to run around reading absolutely everything.


Harrow County #20
Hunters have come to Harrow County, seeking to take down its most powerful haints. They have no idea what they’re up against. Emmy tries to save them from their foolish mission, but she will have to sacrifice her last hope of a normal life in order to protect these strangers.

I've been digging Harrow County since the very first issue, it's so unique. If southern gothic horror is your thing you have to pick this up - the forth volume is released this week.

Graphic Novels


The Black Monday Murders (Vol #1)
It’s the first collection of the exciting new crypto-noir series, THE BLACK MONDAY MURDERS. “All Hail, God Mammon” pulls the covers back on the secret world of magic lying behind the largest and oldest financial institutions in the world.

I know barely anything about this but it's looks super creepy and the promise of magic is more than enough to tempt me to start reading this series.


Nightwing (Vol #1)
Nightwing is back...in blue!
He's been Robin, he's been a super spy, a ghost. Now, Dick Grayson finds himself back in Gotham City fighting to reclaim the life that was taken from him. But when a new evil threatens those closest to Dick, as Nightwing he must once again choose whether or not to tear himself away from his home in order to combat this dark force.
Everything Dick thought he knew about being Nightwing will be brought to bear, and his relationship to his former mentor Batman will be put to the test in NIGHTWING: VOL. 1

I love the Batman universe but gosh... while this sounds super cool I think I'll need to get reading some previous issues to understand better before I pick this volume up.


Mae (Vol #1)
When she was just a girl, Abbie discovered a portal to a fantasy world and has since had great adventures there: defeating horrible monsters, power-mad scientists, and evil nobles. But when she turned twenty-one it all came apart and she decided to return home. Her sister, Mae, had no idea what happened to Abbie all this time, and Abbie's tales are too hard to believe-that is, until the monsters and other terrible creatures start to cross over to our world!

This sounds like the plot of a young adult novel and I've read a lot of Young Adult novels so I know already that this is going to be insanely cool... or a complete flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love meaningful comments! Spam and advertisers* will be deleted.
*advertisers - people who copypasta a few words and leave a link to their blog