Many Covers Monday: Blood Red Road

Today we're looking at the many different covers of Moira Young's Blood Red Road and choosing a winner! Some are rejackets and others are foreign language covers.

Saba lives in Silverlake, a wasteland ravaged by constant sandstorms where her family scavenge from landfills left by the long-gone Wrecker civilization. After four cloaked horsemen kidnap her beloved twin brother Lugh, she teams up with daredevil Jack and the Free Hawks, a girl gang of Revolutionaries.

Saba learns that she is a fierce fighter, an unbeatable survivor, and a cunning opponent. And she has the power to take down a corrupt society from the inside. Saba and her new friends stage a showdown that change the course of her civilization.

Book Depository ¦ Amazon UK/US ¦ Goodreads 

I have read this one, and I rated it 5/5. It's an amazing adventure story with a few Dystopian elements and lots of fight scenes, if you like that sort of thing!



 (UK/US) My cover is on the left! These are what I would call the original covers and while I love them both, they both fell victim to the publishers whims - the sequel's cover matches neither of these, it matches a new cover released around the same time. I always find this incredibly frustrating.


 (US-UK/French) Here's the new red cover that you may be used to on the right. It's nice enough but I'm still annoyed. Meanwhile the French liked the original US cover but not it's title, so they changed that. Translated it reads 'Saba Angel of Death' which isn't creepy at all.


(German/Indonesian) I'm seriously in love with both of these covers, the German version of the original US cover is much nicer. My only fault with it is that the font makes me think of pirates...


(Czech/Dutch) Here's some weird covers now, with Czech feeling like an African story and more pirate vibes from the Dutch. It's the ripped paper look and the font on the authors name, don't judge me.

Actually, have you seen the lady's weird smoke hair on the Dutch one? That's seriously odd.


(Italian/Portuguese) It's a personal thing but I'm not a fan of the animated look on book covers... something about them seems younger than they are. I have so many issues with the Portuguese cover girl though. Why is her hair so nice? It's an apocalyptic desert! I can almost smell the make up. And is that... *gasp* earrings I can see???


(Serbian/Swedish) I know I have nit picky issues with book covers but that's why I make these posts so yeah. I hate, hate, hate, the Swedish font on the right. I judge anyone that uses it (looking at you, Name of The Star publishers). I also have no idea what is going on with the cover... OH. Blood Red Road so they... literally went with red. I do really like the Serbian cover though, especially the crow. Even if they seem to have tried to do a Hunger Games font.


Winner


 No faults at all with this one, it's got a desert, got some trees, got a crow, got a chick that actually looks like she could be Saba, yeah, I'm pretty happy!

Next week: Gone by Michael Grant 

Comments

  1. Ooooh, I really really like the Swedish on! But my second favourite would be the first one. That's the one at my library, so I'm partial to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the original UK one too! But I was never really fond of it, and prefer the newer one that they chose to go with (even though it's the whole annoying, let's change the cover in the middle of the series thing). But I absolutely agree with the one you've chosen, even though I haven't read the book, it looks very fitting to the blurb. The font makes me think of some sci-fi space fantasy though haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like the German cover the best. It's so pretty! The Italian cover reminds me of the UK Throne of Glass covers, so I kinda like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with your choice! My favorite by far. I have the new US/UK red cover, and it is fine, I guess, but doesn't really stand out. But I hated the original US one, I still get (irrationally) mad when I see it on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The change was pretty disorienting -_- We have the same copy, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Spam comments will be deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus