Review of Circle of Three: So Mote It Be by Isobel Bird

In the first book of the series, Kate finds herself wishing that popular jock Scott would like a girl like her. After being assigned a project on the Witch Trials she accadentally lends a book at the library she didn't want, a book of spells. Feeling bored and with nothing to do she decides to try one out for a bit of fun, but the results aren't what she was expecting and she finds herself desperately looking for someone that will help her...

~Add To Your Goodreads Shelf~

I enjoyed this book. It was a simple, fun read, nothing too surprising or anything though. Will I get through the other 10+ books (*sneaks in a year later* I didn't.)? I don't know.
The character's were unique and all, but the book felt like it lacked something. Kate, as the narrator was good but she annoyed me. I think the spells should have been a little more life-threatening for me to be more interested, they were bland and not very well thought out... in fact one was ripped straight from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. A good read if you like high school novels with a twist just don't expect anything too exciting.

3/5 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus