Review of Matched by Ally Condie

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

  
~ Add To Your Goodreads Shelf
~ Buy From Amazon UK
~ Buy From Amazon US 


The officials in this book reminded me a lot of the Government in Uglies. That is all.
I loved this book and I can't wait for the next instalment. However, looking around at the reviews I've found that quite a few people hate this book. Why? I have no idea, each to their own I guess. I thought this book was very cleverly written and the cover is very intriguing. It's very simple, yes, but very very effective. I'm interested as to what the next cover will look like, maybe Ky in a bubble?
I feel the need to cover a few things that other reviewers have said (check out Goodreads, they hate it there). Okay, a lot of people have said that the plot has been stolen from another book. I will point out that this story is one that has been done a million times already, it's a fresh take on it and it works. The Hunger Games - someone accused Suzanne of stealing Battle Royale's plot which, for me, was highly amusing because they'd clearly never read or heard of Lord of the Flies. And even so, the idea for that would have been around long before Lord of the Flies. Today, when every plot has been done already, it's a very silly thing to accuse one book of stealing the plot of another book, in my opinion. Anyway, this book is awesome, well written and thoroughly engaging. Go read it!


5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus