Review of 0.4 by Mike Lancaster

It's a brave new world.
'My name is Kyle Straker. And I don't exist anymore.'
So begins the story of Kyle Straker, recorded onto old audiotapes. You might think these tapes are a hoax, but perhaps they contain the history of a past world....If what the tapes say is true, it means that everything we think we know is a lie.
And if everything we know is a lie, does that mean that we are, too?

~ Add To Your Goodreads Shelf
~ Buy From Amazon UK
~ Buy From Amazon US


This is my second taste of Sci-Fi YA after Across the Universe by Beth Revis. A lot of YA readers shy away from Sci-Fi novels yet love Dystopian fiction, which, in my humble opinion is very, very similar. Both 0.4 and Across the Universe have received 5 stars from me and if most Sci-Fi YA is a high a standards as these two novels, I will be buying much, much more.

0.4 is not a long read at all, I finished it easily. The story sucks you in pretty quickly with Kyle's voice as  the main narrator. There is a second, mysterious narrator who explains things as you go along, suggesting that the world has changed since Kyle's time and gives you frustrating clues as to what might have happened. I admit, I didn't guess at what had happened at all, which I usually do!

There's a little mild swearing in this but I believe the younger YA readers will enjoy this just as much as the older ones.

5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus