Review of Freefall by Mindi Scott

How do you come back from the point of no return? 

Seth McCoy was the last person to see his best friend, Isaac, alive, and the first to find him dead. It was just another night, just another party, just another time when Isaac drank too much and passed out on the lawn. Only this time, Isaac didn't wake up.
Convinced that his own actions led to his friend's death, Seth is torn between turning his life around . . . or losing himself completely.
Then he meets Rosetta: so beautiful and so different from everything and everyone he's ever known. But Rosetta has secrets of her own, and Seth soon realizes he isn't the only one who needs saving...

Although I don't usually read this genre (what it is called, contemporary?) I read a review of it somewhere and it sounded interesting, so I added it to my wishlist. Then a couple of weeks later Joli from Acting Up With Books gave it to me as an RAK. Thank you!

I didn't like Seth at first but Seth isn't a character that's made to be instantly likeable. When we meet him he's wandering around a party somewhere while his friend gets completely snowballed. I started to like him gradually more throughout the book as I learnt more about him and his life although the book felt a little slow in places.

A great thing about this book was that all the way through I could feel the ghost of Isaac shadowing everything Seth does, which was brilliantly written. He doesn't sound like a particularly pleasant character and what I did hear of hi reminded me very strongly of Daniel.

There's some romance here too - you follow Seth's thoughts and feelings as he falls in love for the first time with Rosetta which is really sweet and moving. On the other hand his friend, Kendall isn't helping his relationships as she's very full-on and as others say, slutty, but I found her strangely likeable. Like a puppy you just can't put down.
4/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus