Review of I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

John Smith has just arrived in Paradise, Ohio, just another stop in a string of small towns where the 15-year-old has been hiding out from the Mogadorians. Those terrifying aliens are hellbent on destroying him and the other nine Loric children who have sought refuge on Earth. The Mogadorians are picking off the surviving kids in numerical order. The first three are dead and John's number is up. Will his Legacies, his defining super powers, develop in time for him to fight against the enemy? I saw this right back when it was first published and I wanted to buy it but never got round to it until last week. So, after 50 cover changes I can now say that I've read this! 


I didn't enjoy this as much as I was hoping to. The action goes right up and then just slows right down then speeds up again. I swear, I felt seasick when I'd finished. The action was good in places but the situations that Four/John gets himself into feel silly and not very believable. Indeed, it felt as if the Authors had just picked a situation out of a hat.

Characters wise, quite stereotypical. Sarah, the love interest, just wasn't for me. I'd prefer a girl that knows how to fight or at least is willing to learn. Unfortunately Sarah screams at everything, a typical girl-next-door character. She claims to hate Mark. her ex, who relentless picks on John from the first day but if she does then why does she follow him around everywhere and sits next to him in class? That makes no sense.

All in all, a good read if you've got nothing better to do and want to say 'I read this!'

3/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus