Review of Jessie ❤'s NYC by Keris Stainton

Jessie's just arrived in New York, hoping to forget about her awful ex.

New Yorker Finn is in love with his best friend's girlfriend.

They might be perfect together, but in a city of eight million people, will they ever find each other?


~Add To Your Goodreads Shelf

After being stuck in a rut of three really disappointing books, Jessie Hearts NYC was the perfect next read for me. It was sweet, funny and fluffy in all the right places and I nearly cried when I finished it. Nearly!

The idea of Jessie and Finn nearly bumping into each was inspired - and rather frustrating at times! Both have their own problems to solve before they finally meet though - Jessie needs to reconcile with her mother and Finn needs to get over his obsession with Sam - his best friend's girlfriend. It was a lot of fun reading about all the places Jessie and Finn visit on their emotional journeys, knowing they were in the same places! Plus the added excitement that I discovered today that I'll be visiting New York myself next year!

Relationships is the main thing in this - Finn and Sam's relationship is in danger if Finn's obsession causes him to do something stupid, Jessie's mum, Natalie and Jessie tend to avoid each other instead of dealing with their problems, Finn is worried about yelling his Dad he doesn't want to work in insurance, Emma, Jessie's best friend, is helping Jessie get over a difficult relationship, you get the idea. I loved Emma best in this, she's the ultimate best friend! Really supportive and she's alway giving Jessie a push in the right direction.

Although I've never visited New York, I really did feel as if I was there too and I can tell the Author loves New York and must have visited a lot of places there! My favourite scene was in the revolving restaurant, which is my favourite restaurant in the world. Unfortunately I've never had the opportunity to visit.

I would have loved to have read more about Jessie and Finn, I think that's my only complaint! A 1000 page book would be more than fine by me! I think a sequel would be nice but I don't think there will be one. *sob*

5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus