Review of Slated by Teri Terry

Kyla’s memory has been erased,
her personality wiped blank,
her memories lost for ever.

She’s been Slated.

The government claims she was a terrorist, and that they are giving her a second chance - as long as she plays by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla’s mind. Someone is lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in her search for the truth?


~ Add To Your Goodreads Shelf
~ Buy From Amazon UK
~ Buy From Amazon US  


The biggest surprise when I started reading this book was that Slated is set in England. I wasn't expecting it, as I had this idea that English Dystopian stories were pretty small, not as action packed as out American friends. I was wrong. Slated is BIG story and full of action and a whole bucketful of suspense, too. I read it in two sittings, only stopping because of an annoying need to eat stuff.

Kyla is different. This is a sentence which is used often throughout the story and it's true too - instead of being a happy, smiling, slightly vegetable like Slated, she has her own thoughts and feelings. Even Ben, who is wants to stop the Government and what they're doing, has difficulty saying no to a non-Slated. Well, he'd pass out if he tried tbut you get what I mean.

My opinion on quite a  few characters changed after I'd read more about them, particularly Kyla's Mum and Dad. In fact, I can't think of one character that was cardboard, which is pretty amazing. I don't think that has happened before. Even characters that are really minor, like Nurses, seem to have something about them that makes them real.

There's so much that happens in this that I can't wait to find outin the next book. The ending took a sudden and surprising turn after some MAJOR EVENTS and I have a list a mile long of Things That I Hope Will Be Covered In The Next Book. I hope to see more of Dr Lysander too, as she changed my mind about her as well.

5/5

Comments

  1. Great review! I really loved this book too! I'm glad it was set in the UK as not many of them are. I can't wait for the next book as well, I need to know what happens!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Spam comments will be deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus