Review of Anathema by Megg Jensen

Forget prophecy. Make your own destiny.

Sheltered from the outside world with no hope for escape, slave girl Reychel dreads her fifteenth birthday - when her master’s symbol is burned on the back of her bald scalp. Her best friend disappears the night before, leaving her to face the branding ceremony alone. She soon discovers nothing is as it seems when people desperate for freedom beg for Reychel's help.

Can Reychel learn to believe in herself?


(Add To Your Goodreads Shelf

I decided to get a copy of this a little while ago, after seeing it around so often and seeing so many positive reviews of it. I can happily say I'm very pleased with my purchase! This short book is heaps of fun and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

The pacing in this was perfect. Didn't go too quickly, didn't drag on for hours. Everything was revealed at the right moments and the romance wasn't too intrusive either! I did find one element a little steretypical but I still enoyed it all the same.

The story is really unique, at the same time as feeling comfortingly familiar. I love books with lots of magic and castles and this really hit the spot in that aspect. I had a lot of the other covers and WOW! When I finish this series I'll be looking out for more books by Megg for sure.

5/5

Comments

  1. It's got good pacing? Oh, that's good. Most of the books I've read recently are either too slow or too fast for me and I've been bored out of my mind. *rolls eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this too coz it was FREE!

    Glad to know this is not taking wasted space in my kindle, hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Spam comments will be deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus