Many Covers Monday - Unwind by Neal Shusterman

Today we're looking at the many different covers of Neal Shusterman's Unwind. Some are rejackets and others are foreign language covers.

 Connor, Risa, and Lev are running for their lives.
The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive.


 (US/US - I think) *presses hands creepily against some sort of glass* I do like the thumb print though. It's not obvious and then suddenly, huge thumb.


(Italian/Polish) More hands, once again with the giant thumb print. I like the Polish cover, it sums up the book very well.


(French) *presses finger creepily against some sort of glass* We also have the return of the thumb print although it's even less obvious now. That other cover is the most 90's thing I have ever seen.

(German/Catalan) The German cover looks like a zombie tale no? The rusted metal with blood is often seen in zombie art I've found. The second one is effing terrifying nope, You'll never see that on my shelf.


(Indonesian/Spanish) Creepy floating heads amidst medical instruments and Don't Go In The Toilet. Joking aside I really like the Spanish cover. The font is hella cool.

Which cover was your favourite? Did you feel they fit well with the book? Let me know in the comments!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unwind Colour Palette

(Find the colour codes on colourlovers)

The colour palette is a new idea, so if you have a moment please tell me if you like it or not in the comments. I don't want to be posting something every week that bores you to death!

Next week: That's Not My Favourite Author

Comments

  1. That Polish one is quite freaky...I'm torn. I think I DO like the English cover the best. But there's also these black and yellow ones that are soooo cool. I didn't realise this wasn't actually a trilogy till the other day. There's like a 4th book! AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A ton of covers for Unwind. they are all pretty creepy but I agree with Cait about the Polish one being freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are AMAZING! I love this series, so this is extra interesting. The Polish one is pretty fantastic, even though it is definitely scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the 2 US covers best, definitely favoring the 1 you chose.

    That Catalan cover is definitely weird.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Spam comments will be deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus