Many Covers Moday: Just Listen

Do you want to hear my awesome excuses for forgetting to post Many Covers Monday last week? Go on, you know want to.

I went to see this movie and I completely forgot due to the INSANE AMOUNT OF AWESOME.


It was everything I was hoping for and more, so much action and flying and green smoke stuff and THE RAVEN and humour! So much humour! I wasn't expecting to laugh throughout most of it but I did.

And then cried a little at the end.

Let's get on with the point of this post...


Today we're looking at some of the many different covers of Sarah Dessen's Just Listen and choosing a winner! Some are rejackets and others are foreign language covers.
Last year, Annabel was "the girl who has everything" — at least that's the part she played in the television commercial for Kopf's Department Store.
This year, she's the girl who has nothing: no best friend because mean-but-exciting Sophie dropped her, no peace at home since her older sister became anorexic, and no one to sit with at lunch. Until she meets Owen Armstrong.
Tall, dark, and music-obsessed, Owen is a reformed bad boy with a commitment to truth-telling. With Owen's help, maybe Annabel can face what happened the night she and Sophie stopped being friends.



Left: US
Likes: Everything is simple, clean.
Dislikes: SARAH DESSEN is kinda screaming at me.

Right: US
Likes: The same, everything is simple, clean. Love the font on Just too.
Dislikes: Whatever that fake looking plastic MP3 is in her pocket.


Left: Spanish
Likes: Everything! The font is lovely and the rainbow stripes are so pretty.
Dislikes: Erm, that book company label at the bottom?

Right: UK
Likes: It's unique and definitely eye catching. Actually I really like the girl's eye. I presume I like her other one too unless she's some sort of mutant. Or a burn victim. Or got on the wrong end of Captain Hook's... hook.
Dislikes: It looks like a book about being a hippie in the 60's. I mean look at the flowers, guitars, the font. I'm probably in the minority but I really dislike this cover.


Left: Portuguese
Likes: The font! I like that it changes between the wall thing, it's a neat idea. (Did I just say neat?)
Dislikes: This cover is freaking creepy and why is she staring at me like that stop please.

Right: Russian
Likes: It's very summery!
Dislikes: Take a deep breath ladies, gentlemen and others, and smell the early 2000's. You can easily picture this girl being Christina Aguilera.


Left: German
Likes: The font layout is quite cool.
Dislikes: I'm looking at a girl's ass. 

Right: Swirls! Birds! Very cute. 
Dislikes: The cover itself feels like there's something missing but that's pretty minor when I spotted the strange creature at the top right. It looks like a girl with the head of a... donkey? cat? I'm unsure. Very, very creepy.


 Left: French
Likes: The lilypads look like hearts! Love the font too, I think it's handwritten.
Dislikes: I would have no idea what the book was about.

Right: Dutch
Likes: It's so cool looking! I immediately want to know the girl's story.
Dislikes: I think the big smeary lipstick font is a bit too much.


Winner


I would definitely buy this if I saw it - if only it wasn't Spanish! I'm tempted on decorating my house in rainbow stripes now.

Next Week: Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve

Comments

  1. The Portuguese cover makes the book look like a thriller or something like that with the girl just randomly peeking at you from behind the wall. Creepy.
    I have the UK cover myself and though it's not the prettiest one, I like it because it matches with some of my other Dessen books. I have a couple of her books in the US covers though (the old ones, like the one with the plastic mp3 player) which I think I like even more than the US covers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with your choice! Even though I haven't read the book, it just makes me want to pick it up and read it. It's not too overboard on anything, and it all just goes really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your choice! Or though I have to say the Dutch one is my favourite. Honestly, I don't really like any of them. I'm so bad! >< It takes a lot for a cover to actually impress me though. I feel like there's always something small that puts off the rest of the cover.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Spam comments will be deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus