Many Covers Monday: Gone by Michael Grant

Today we're looking at the many different covers of Michael Grant's Gone and choosing a winner! Some are rejackets and others are foreign language covers.

In the blink of an eye, everyone disappears. Gone. Except for the young.

There are teens, but not one single adult. Just as suddenly, there are no phones, no internet, no television. No way to get help. And no way to figure out what's happened.

Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks. Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing, developing new talents—unimaginable, dangerous, deadly powers—that grow stronger by the day. It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen, a fight is shaping up. Townies against rich kids. Bullies against the weak. Powerful against powerless. And time is running out: On your birthday, you disappear just like everyone else...

 

I haven't read this book yet but what I would expect of the cover from reading the description is lots of sci-fi elements, maybe some DNA and inevitably a group of kids.



(UK/US) Does the US cover count as a group of kids? Close enough. I'm not a fan of this cover because although it was release just 6 years ago, fashions change and this cover already feels a little dated. I mean, look at his hair. I also do not believe that these guys are younger than 16. Come on guys. The UK cover feels more like an adventure story, however I am I fan of these simple covers and I think they will look great on a shelf.


 (Australia/US) I read on the Goodreads page that the Australian cover is a special edition, so I'm hoping that's not the actual cover you guys have because that's just horrid. However, the US one!!! They look even better http://www.epicreads.com/blog/whos-who-on-the-gone-covers/as a set.


(Dutch./Italian) Really liking the Dutch cover. I think the people at the bottom left are the same as on the US cover, but they feel more timeless... probably due to the fact that you can barely see them. The Italian cover however... hoodies develop powers?


(Lithuanian/Portuguese) I find the Lithuanian cover really interesting because they're chosen models that are closer to the age that the kids would be. I really, seriously love the Portuguese cover. It's all blue and moody and downright cool. That's a cover I want displayed on my shelf.


(Spanish/Swedish) I'm never going to appreciate a cover where they just decided to stick a girl on it, but I like that they tried a bubble thing. The Swedish cover kind of reminds me of a soap opera, an a quick glance at where this is set is interesting - a small town. So why the giant city skyline at the top I have no idea.


Winner


Look at it, it's so cool. And sci-fi green! That's a thing honest. I love simple covers with a big impact, so this wasn't a difficult decision for me. I'm surprised that any cover could beat the Potuguese one though!

Next Week: Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien

Comments

  1. This series looks so good. I really need to read it at some point! The Portugese cover is probably my favourite, although the newer US is so cool and I quite like the UK cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm biased ;) I love the Australian edition for this one. But the US one comes second. OMG THOUGH BUT I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH. I now own the special Aussie edition and it is like in a place of pride on my bookshelf. All the love, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love 'Many Covers Monday' they're so much fun to read! If this was a meme I would love to do something like this haha! I totally agree with this week's pick, the US cover is gorgeous!

    Check out my TTT!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad you didn't like the AUS edition. That's my favourite, and it definitely looks better in real life. It's not as green in the background as the online image is made out to be, it's more of a black so it stands out. Love the US cover too, oooh, so bold :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My vote is for the Dutch one this week! But I also really like the Portuguese and US one (the green one, of course!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Spam comments will be deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus