Review of Fashion: Artcards by Hennie Haworth

Format: Paperback (Kind of)
Genres: Non-Fiction, Illustrated, Stickers
Pages: 72
Publisher: Big Picture Press
Release Date: 05/08/2014
Find The Author: Website ¦ Twitter
Book Depository ¦ Amazon UK/US ¦ Goodreads


Take the world of fashion by storm in this second ArtCards title. Set the trend with sixteen pull-out ArtCards to color in and decorate with twenty pages containing more than 350 stickers. With tongue-in-cheek text and highly detailed contemporary illustrations - inspired by fashion styles from the Roaring Twenties to the modern day - this is a fresh re-imagining of a favorite dress-up activity format that will appeal to children and teens alike.



When I received a review request for this book, my first thoughts were 'THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY STICKERS?' and my second thoughts were 'Can I actually review a sticker book?'. Well, apparently I can and I did because here it is. Let's just say I saw the gorgeous illustrations and decided I needed it.

If you look carefully on the left is a squished fly. How it got there nobody knows.
The picture, which is hopefully above (and if you click it it should be bigger, if you're on my blog), is of my favourite sheet of stickers - I don't care how old you are, some part of you will love these gorgeous illustrations that look like you could have drawn them yourself. There's pages and pages of fashions from many different years and genres - goth, nineties, hippie, this sort of French thing above. I think my only problem with the stickers was that I didn't see any fashions that I could picture in today's clothes stores (the description did say modern day but I just didn't see it), which would have been nice. The quality of the stickers are great too - when I stuck them in the wrong place I found them really easy to peel off.


This is one of the sixteen artcards - They're all about A4 sized and perforated. They're on really thick card too with a shiny coloured... backside? Like on the left. One thing I particularly liked was that I could choose to colour it in if I wanted, so I got out my battered shoebox of coloured pencils and started colouring in all the parts that I felt needed a bit of colour - I even added fireworks and dug out my metallic pencils for the mask.


I guess in summary, I had far to much fun with this book - and I've already started another two artcards.


Comments

  1. Anonymous5:08 pm BST

    I just feel that I can never have to much stickers period. I have an entire drawer full of them, and I cannot pass up a store that sells them! Nice that this book also brings out your creativity, the card looks really cute, Vickie :). Fun review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Spam comments will be deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus