Many Covers Monday: All The Bright Places



Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly thinks of ways he might kill himself. But each time, something good, no matter how small, stops him. 

Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister’s recent death. 

When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it’s unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the “natural wonders” of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It’s only with Violet that Finch can be himself—a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who’s not such a freak after all. And it’s only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet’s world grows, Finch’s begins to shrink.

 Add To Your Goodreads Shelf




US/Chinese/Croatian 
The US cover is also used to for UK cover and I have the special edition of this, that's purple instead of blue. I love books that look textured like this. The Chinese one is okay, I have noticed that while the US covers have become an art form, other countries don't care quite so much and their covers are... a bit bland in comparison. Out of these three I think I like Croatia's the most, I love the weathered paper texture in the background and I feel like I could almost peel the sticky notes right off of the cover if I wanted to.


Estonian/Finnish/German
I don't often see Estonian or Scandinavian covers around, so this is a rare treat for me. I'm in love with the bold colours of the Estonian cover but I'm a bit underwhelmed by the Finnish cover.. it kinda looks like something I might use for my phone background. Thanks to the wonders of the German language, their cover almost becomes a bit ominous - "ALL DIE"


 Greek/Icelandic/Indonesian
I reeeeeally don't like the Greek cover, it creeps me out to be honest. From a distance it's not particularly eye catching either. The Icelandic cover feels familiar, I guess the concept has been used before. I really love the Indonesian cover though, it reminds me of those art pieces with all the blocks plus it looks really textured!


Italian/Persian/Polish
 I really like the Italian version and matching the text with her coat is a great idea. I'm not sure about the Persian cover, the art is okay but drab and the big red and yellow banners at the bottom are awful. I don't care for the last one, it's too forgettable.


Portuguese x2, Russian
Yessss, more post it note textured goodness.This is one of my favourite covers and I like the second Portuguese cover too (totally saying WHEEEEE in my head as well). I immediately recognised the last cover as Russian without being told as they really have a thing for badly photoshopped cover models. I think I've seen the guy on another cover but I'm not certain.


 Serbian/Spanish/Swedish
The Serbian cover is eh okay, reminds me of a school textbook. Looks quite childish too. I know I've seen a popular book that looks like the cover of the Spanish edition but I can't quite place it. I love the raised paper look of the Swedish edition but it just look a little... self pubbed.


Thai/Vietnamese
The Thai cover is so nice, its hard to use bright bold colours without making it look like a children's book so I think they did really well there. I love the Vietnamese cover too, the text is just a little hard to read? Maybe I'd read it easily if it was English.

Which cover is your favourite? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus