Many Covers Monday - Every Exquisite Thing



Didn’t you ever just simply want to…stop? 

Star athlete and straight-A student Nanette O’Hare has played the role of dutiful daughter for as long as she can remember. But one day, a beloved teacher gives her his worn copy of The Bubblegum Reaper—a mysterious, out-of-print cult classic—and the rebel within Nanette awakens. 

As the new and outspoken Nanette attempts to insert her true self into the world with wild abandon, she befriends the reclusive author and falls in love with a young, troubled poet. Forced to make some hard choices that bring devastating consequences, Nanette learns the hard way that rebellion can sometimes come at a high price.




US/UK
I get what they were going with for the US cover but instead of arty it just feels a little sloppy, I'm pretty sure with two biros and an envelope most of us could recreate this cover in five minutes. I really love the UK cover but the quote at the bottom feels like something you'd see in gym. However I've never been to a gym because I hear that they make you exercise?!



UK/Italian
Confession: I saw this UK cover first and I genuinely thought that the book would be a fantasy story like Arabian Nights because quite frankly that turtle from a distance looks like a magic lamp to me. Look I'll show you:


 See, that's obviously a magic lamp.
The Italian cover I do really like as I'm a sucker for fonts but there are A LOT of fonts going on and my eyes aren't quite sure where to look.



Polish/Potuguese
I do actually love both of these covers, you can probably tell by my blog that I love watercolor this year. The second cover is probably my favourite of all of these, I love the Pop Art style - my blog look will be changing next year and I'm very tempted on overhauling it to a Pop Art look just like this.

Which cover is your favourite? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

  1. I like the water color on the Polish version the best out of all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. magic lamp lol. I like the Italian one for the color scheme but yeah there is a lot going on! The Portuguese one- yeah I like that style of cover. I saw My So-Called Bollywood Life somewhere with a similar kinda cover and I liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Spam comments will be deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus