Review of Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince

When Dumbledore arrives at Privet Drive one summer night to collect Harry Potter, his wand hand is blackened and shrivelled, but he does not reveal why. Secrets and suspicion are spreading through the wizarding world, and Hogwarts itself is not safe. Harry is convinced that Malfoy bears the Dark Mark: there is a Death Eater amongst them. Harry will need powerful magic and true friends as he explores Voldemort’s darkest secrets, and Dumbledore prepares him to face his destiny...


I can't write a 'proper' review of Harry Potter. I'm 26, so when Harry Potter was released I was right at the age it was marketed towards. I remember starting to notice the hype around Harry Potter when the third book was released (I was 8) and I bought all three books for my holiday. I didn't have a great childhood to be honest and these books were very much my escape. I would beg and beg to get a copy on the release date and my Gran would literally have to fight crowds to get them, I've never seen so much hype around any other book since. So basically, I can't review something that was my entire childhood - here's everything I loved during this re-read instead (and some other stuff) (also I'm presuming that you've read the book, so potential spoilers)
  •  The group's official Ministry Of Magic badges being titled 'Harry Potter, Rescue Mission'
  • Dumbledore making himself completely at home via forcing the Dursley's onto a sofa before getting out a bottle of mead
  • Dumbledore deciding that the best way to make sure he's not an imposter is to ask him his favourite flavour of jam
  • Raspberry '...although of course, if I were a Death Eater, I would have been sure to research my own jam-preferences before impersonating myself.'
  • Real actual rotting flesh zombies 
  • Harry just slowly going darker - dark Harry is best Harry
  • Dumbledore looking at knitting patterns
  • 'Harry had spent nearly all his time at the Dursleys' lying on his bed, refusing meals and staring at the misted window, full of the chill emptiness that he had come to associate with Dementors.' Rowling often said that Dementors represented depression and she totally gets it
  • 'said Dumbledore, with an approving pat on Harry's back. 'I take my hat off to you - or I would, if I were not afraid of showering you in spiders.' Dumbledore wtf 
  • Tonks pining after Lupin the whole book was actually really really annoying? I mean Sirius JUST DIED. Get your shit together?
  •  Karkaroff's death getting all of one line basically. Oh well, he was a twat.
  • 'Why Are You Worrying About You-Know-Who? You SHOULD Be Worrying About U-NO-POO - the Constipation Sensation That's Gripping The Nation!'
  • 'Draco Malfoy with his back to them, just visible beyond the very same large black cabinet in which Harry had once hidden to avoid Malfoy and his father.' for fucks sake Harry how many times does this thing have to be name dropped
  • 'I enjoyed those meetings, too,' said Luna serenely. 'It was like having friends.' aw Luna
  • Snape - 'Do you remember me telling you we are practising non-verbal spells, Potter?' 'Yes,' said Harry stiffly. 'Yes sir.' 'There's no need to call me "sir", Professor.' SHADE
  • 'Lord Voldemort has never had a friend, nor do I believe that he has ever wanted one.' Yeah didn't stop him having a kid apparently though did it
  • That I was totally correct in saying that any of the Weasley's could have performed magic underage - it's a location spell that isn't specific so as long as there's an adult wizard in the house you're fine
  • Young Snape's super elaborate potion to cure poisoning - 'Just shove a bezoar down their throats'
  • '...Harry had no difficulty whatsoever in recognising as Voldemort. He was plainly dressed in a black suit; his hair was a little longer than it had been at school and his cheeks were hollowed, but all of this suited him: he looked more handsome than ever.' Harry is totally into that. 
  • 'took a left at the broken Vanishing Cabinet in which Montague had got lost the previous year' MY GOD HARRY 


Comments

  1. Aww, well, I'm glad Harry Potter was a great escape for you right when it came out. I can't imagine what your grandma had to go through to get a copy of the books. 😅

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big thanks to Dr Oselumen i never believe that there still exist a real death spell caster after all this years of disappointment from the enormous spammers on the Internet who go about scamming people, until i was opportune to meet Dr Oselumen a real spell caster, through a close friend called Jennifer who Dr oselumen had helped before, when i contacted him with his email via droselumen@gmail.com i explain how my ex have been giving me problem in my marriage, she never allowed me a moment of peace, and i need to end it by killing her, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week my ex was dead, she slept and never woke up all thanks to Dr Oselumen indeed he's really a humble man. you can contact dr oselumen for any death spell, such as to kill your superior in the office and take his or her place, death spell to kill your father and inherit his wealth ,death spell to kill anyone who have scammed you in the past ,spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via Email droselumen@gmail.com call or add him on whatsapp +2348054265852.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Spam comments will be deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus