Goodbye May, Hello June!

I'm really, really not ready to say goodbye to May. It seems to have come and gone in a flash. This month I've visited Bath, Wookey Hole and Weston-Super-Mare, spent my daughter's birthday indoors as she had tonsillitus, read far less than I wanted to, binge watched Versailles, started binge watching The Handmaid's Tale and started a cross stitch blog.

I'm exhausted.

 
Read In May



Last Month's Anticipated Releases


 I was sure that I'd manage to read all of these this month but I didn't account for my Gran visiting or reading the entire Harry Potter series impulsively. We always get so busy when she visits as we try and squeeze in as much stuff to do as possible, so that combined with just how long some of the Harry Potter books are means a very stressed out Vee.

I read and loved both Brightly Burning and The Smoke Thieves, giving them a full 5 stars each so clearly I'm excellent at this picking books lark. And somehow on the 31st managed to squeeze in LIFEL1K3 which was so freaking good it might just have shot up to the top spot of my 2018 favourites list.


Anticipated June Releases


I've already read A Thousand Perfect Notes by the rather talented blogger PaperFury and I can 100% confirm that bloggers aren't hyping this book just because they're a fellow blogger - this book is truly special. With that, I have a retelling of Tristan and Iseult, which I have never read (sorry), a book about toxic friendships that I just know I'll relate to and an Anthology, which just sounded too good to pass on - even if I had vowed to never read another anthology.


That's all for this month! Hopefully if you stop by next month I'll have caught up and be totally relaxed again.


Comments

  1. It sounds like you had a busy May. Happy birthday to your daughter! I’m excited to start 1000 Perfect Notes, but I ordered it from the UK, so it’ll take forever to get to me. I hope you have a great June!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Spam comments will be deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus